I’m really good at running away from my problems.
Like I just texted “End conversation.” to someone.
n. the smallest measurable unit of human connection, typically exchanged between passing strangers—a flirtatious glance, a sympathetic nod, a shared laugh about some odd coincidence—moments that are fleeting and random but still contain powerful emotional nutrients that can alleviate the symptoms of feeling alone.
So this is what the perfect family looks like. Some people are so incredibly blessed and genuinely deserve all the blessings they have. If I just try to be the best person I can be every day, the world will be the best it can back to me.
He busted the entire can of beer into my hair and back and dress, glanced to see if I would react fast enough and turn around and see him, and then walked away as fast as he could hoping I wouldn’t notice. I’m disgusted at what kind of person would do that. My hair was dripping with beer, the entire back of my white dress soaked, and the bare part of my back was turning sticky by the second. But I didn’t want to cause a scene. As much as I wanted to call him out, he was a kid. I wasn’t going to ruin a beautiful birthday celebration with a confrontation. My Mother didn’t raise me like an animal.
You still have my “Most Improved” certificate. But somehow I feel like that’s exactly where it was meant to be. If it weren’t for you, I might have quit after the second rehearsal. I might have quit after the first casting. If it weren’t for your long drunk talks and pulling me aside to affirm me of my potential, I probably would have been too weak to handle being the worst on the team.
"Lil’ Leeshiz." I’m gonna miss being called that. And the million cheek and forehead kisses. They were the sweetest things ever.
"You’re my pride and joy." My heart screams of happiness whenever you tell me how proud you are. Thank you so much for guiding me this far.
"You’re invited to my wedding….. Or you’ll be in it, as my bride." You were so drunk. But shit.
"He thinks you’re, like, the most beautiful girl ever." "Do you like sushi?" "Yes, I love sushi." "Okay, SushiStop?" "Yeah, take me to SushiStop." How do you know him? We’ve been best friends since fourth grade. Then he must be something.
"I love you so much." It was so damn hard to not cry. A 30 minute goodbye. Who’s to tell when I’m going to see you again. You said probably in December. That makes me uncomfortable. There’s a sense of security and support with you around. You are family, my wonderwall, and perfect.
I had the best acai bowl to ever exist today.
BEST FOURTH WALL BREAK IN TV HISTORY
All my film and television minor dreams coming true in one Tumblr post I’m so happy #qrying
People get drunk
They hook up with the wrong person
And pretend to be okay
People act tough
And get mad
People will do anything to distract their heart.
They will do anything to distract it from missing someone.
Sometimes you need to remind yourself that you were the one who carried you through the heartache. You are the one who sits with the cold body on the shower floor, and picks it up. You are the one who feeds it, who clothes it, who tucks it into bed, and you should be proud of that. Having the strength to take care of yourself when everyone around you is trying to bleed you dry, that is the strongest thing in the universe.
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.